QuickBooks Error h505 takes place while trying to open the company which is established on your computer. It can also materialize when the QuickBooks requires few extra layouts. The error is a part of series errors that are- 6000, H101, H202, H303 & H505 that are quite similar to the settings of hosting.
There are a few causes of QuickBooks Error h505 are:
- Damaged or wrong .ND file restricts QuickBooks desktop from opening the files over the network.
- QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX or QBCF monitors are not operated on your PC. These services halt error H505 & some other issues as well.
- Incorrect settings or hosting the layouts block the communication of QuickBooks with the corporate file.
- Could not get the IP address of the host computer like to procure the IP address while using QuickBooks information server manager you can just use a unique informatics address.
- Incorrect settings of hosting configuration, ensure to have hosting turned-on the server where the files are saved. Incorrect hosting layouts can lead to Error H505.
- Inaccurate firewall settings cut off the outgoing/ingoing information to the corporate file.
- Disordered DNS settings in the area of work station can lead to QuickBooks error h505.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505:
- The laptop frequently crashes while running the same program.
- QuickBooks Error H505 is displayed on the screen.
- Computer freezes repeatedly for many seconds at a given period of time.
- QuickBooks H505 error emerges & crashes on active windows program.
- The windows function inactively & responding slowly to the keyboard input or the mouse.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error h505:
Solution 1: Make a new company file folder
- Initiate the folder of replacement on the hosting computer then share the original folder & windows ingress permission to share the company files.
- If you are not having access to the digital computer then contact a skillful IT professional
- In the new folder copy .qbw file in the mode of multi-user again.
- At last, you can now open the company file.
Solution 2: Open network ports that QuickBooks uses to convey the knowledge
- You can go to the settings of the firewall then right-click on windows option to click the instrument panel. Then type firewall in the search bar & press enter. Click windows firewall & press the option of advanced settings.
- Go to the left & right click outbound rules & select new rules.
- Press on ports & press next.
- Click TCP & in the particular special ports:
For QuickBooks desktop 2018-8019,56728,55378,55382
QuickBooks desktop 2017- 8019,56727,55373,55377
QuickBooks desktop 2018- 8019,56726,55368,55372
- Click next & select the option of Allow the connection
- Click next to type in the name & in the name field & then press finish
- Repeat steps 1-5 for the inbound rules
- Now go the mode of multi-user again & open QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Check Hosting & Services
- Open the QuickBooks on each workstation (not the server or the hosting computer)
- Select the file & press utilities
- If you have access to the multi-user list then the computer is not hosting the file.
- Stop hosting the multi-user access then press on that option.
Solution 4: Verify that the services are running properly
Solution 5: Edit all the host files