QuickBooks Error 6123 is a connection to the company file of QuickBooks that has been lost as it takes place when you are opening a file of the company over a network in a multi-user environment or upgrading a company to the new version of QuickBooks. Error Code 6123 can be an intricated error for you to solve. So we endorsed you to disable your antivirus programs & other security software before going to any solution of the methods.
Sometimes, when users try to reinstate the company files of QuickBooks from the backup of hard disk or opening the company file from the server of multi-network with a server message QuickBooks Error 6123 0 which is being displayed on the screen. QuickBooks Error Code 6123 0, Connection to the company of QuickBooks that has been lost takes place in an environment of multi-user caused by some of the following reasons are:
- Block web bugs are being selected on your McAfee antivirus
- Windows OS is damaged
- Your firewall security is blocking a port in which it is important to communicate with the server that is hosting the company file.
- QuickBooks data files or program files are corrupted or damaged
- There are numerous versions of the QuickBooks database services are running
- Your computer name on the system hosting the QuickBooks company that was changed at the time when hosting was turned on.
The further step is to know about how to fix QuickBooks error code-6123 is when you view the error code 6123 while upgrading or opening the company files to follow the endorsed troubleshooting steps given below are:
Solution 1: Download the QuickBooks file director
- Download & run the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- After the completion of the step search for the QB Company file.
- Select the Check File Damage Only & select the option of diagnosing the file.
- Type the admin password & choose the OK button.
- Choose the option of an Open file in the newer version or repair file in the existing version.
- Follow the remaining steps appearing on the screen.
- After the completion of the steps then restart/reboot the computer.
Solution 2: Rename.ND along with.TLG file
- Open the folder where all the folders of the company files are stored.
- Select the affiliated.ND file of your company.
- After giving a right-click on the file of the company & choose the option of rename.
- Further, rename the .ND file to .ND.OLD & select the .TLG file & then rename .TLG file
- Rename .TLG file to .TLG.OLD.
Solution 3: Move your Company file to another location
Suppose you are not able to start the QuickBooks company file after following the steps then just try to move to another place & start it. If you are using a host connection then try to copy that file from the computer & open it.
Solution 4: Use the data recovering function
Restore the.ADR of the file & check whether it works or not. There’s a prospect that the file is corrupt & may solve the QuickBooks error code 6123,0. Now to know about the depth knowledge about QuickBooks data recovery, you can click on the link.